Good Morning Everyone! My Try It Thursday share is a Father's Day Card created with the Stampin' Up! Guy Greetings stamp set. Not only does this set have several manly images, but also it covers a multiple of occasions as well. I chose Basic Black, Smoky Slate, and Whisper White as my color scheme. I then used the Stampin' Up! Stylish Stripes embossing folder to give the background a classic feel. Next, I stamped my image and sentiments in Black Memento Ink. The boldness of the Black Ink was in line with the card's tone. Finally, I embellished with Neutral Candy Dots to finish it off. Simple and quick, this card is a Fun Fold technique that never goes out of style! (See the Free Tutorial Below!)
Paper: Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Stamp: Guy Greetings
Accessories: Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Neutral Candy Dots (Basic Black)
Guy Greetings Father's Day Gatefold Card Tutorial
2. Use the Stampin' Trimmer to cut the Basic Black card stock at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". You can get two cards off of one sheet of card stock.
3. Next use the scoring blade on the Stampin' Trimmer to make a scoreline at 2 1/8" on each end of the card stock.
4. Take a Bone Folder and crease the scorelines. This will make your Gatefold.
5. Cut 2 pieces of Smoky Slate card stock at 5 1/4" x 1 7/8", Use the Big Shot and Stylish Stripes embossing folder to emboss each one.
6. Attach both card stock pieces to the panels of the card using adhesive.
7. For the Image Layer, cut Basic Black card stock at 3" x 3", Smoky Slate card stock at 2 3/4" x 2 3/4", and Whisper White card stock at 2 1/2" x 2 1/2".
8. For the Sentiment Layer, cut Basic Black card stock at 3 1/4" x 1 1/4", Smoky Slate card stock at 3" x 1", and Whisper White card stock at 2 3/4" x 7/8".
9. Stamp the image and sentiments in Black Memento Ink and then add 2 Basic Black Candy Dots.
10. Use adhesive to attach both the image and sentiment to the left panel of the card. You now have a finished Father's Day Gatefold Card!