Thursday, December 12, 2013
Try It Thursday - Stampin' Up Gift Bow Bigz Die Angel Ornament With A Free Tutorial!
Good Morning Everyone! My Try It Thursday share is an Angel Ornament created with the Stampin' Up Gift Bow Bigz Die and help from Tanya Bell. Not only is it beautiful, but also it shows the versatility of the die itself. The Stampin' Up Joyful Wishes stamp set and the Frosted Finishes Embellishes provide extra detail and the Stampin' Up Glimmer Paper accentuates the Halo. This ornament makes a wonderful gift or you can use to decorate your holiday packaging!
Paper: Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Stampin' Up Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Basic Black, Blushing Bride, Real Red
Stamp: Joyful Wishes
Accessories: Stampin' Up Gift Bow Bigz Die, Big Shot, Circle Punches, Word Window Punch, Frosted Finishes Embellishments, 1/8" Real Red Ribbon
Stampin' Up Gift Bow Bigz Die Angel Ornament Tutorial
1. Use Whisper White Card Stock and the Stampin' Up Gift Bow Bigz Die to cut the following pieces.
2. Take the Joyful Wishes stamp set and Real Red Ink and stamp all the pieces.
3. Use adhesive to join both of the tail pieces like this.
4. Punch a 1 3/8" Circle from Blushing Bride Card Stock and sponge Blushing Bride ink around the edges. Use a Basic Black Marker to add the eyes and eyelashes.
5. Punch a 1" circle from the Stampin' Up Silver Glimmer Paper.
6. Take the 1 1/4" Circle Punch and punch around circle left in the Glimmer Paper.
7. Now take the 1 3/4" Circle Punch and punch and offset to create the Halo.
8. Use adhesive to attach the Halo to the face.
9. Now attach the head of the Angel to the tails.
10. Assemble the top of the Angel's gown like this.
11. Use the Stampin' Up Word Window Punch to create two arms and use adhesive to attach them to the gown.
12. Attach the top of the gown to the bottom of the gown.
13. Add a Frosted Finishes Embellishment to the center of the Angel.
14. Add 1/8" Real Red Ribbon to the back to provide a hanger.