Thursday, May 23, 2013
Try It Thursday - Stampin' Up Pop N' Cuts Gift Card Holder and Tutorial
Good Morning Everyone! My Try It Thursday share is this adorable gift card holder made with the Stampin' Up Pop N' Cuts Card Base Die and Big Shot. Thank You Tanya Bell for the instructions. After putting it all together, I used the Stampin' Up Pop-Up Posies Kit to decorate. This kit includes 3 different precut paper flowers, fabric brads, baker's twine, embossed paper tags and the exclusive Just For You wood mount stamp. I chose the Calypso Coral Flowers and added a strip of coordinating Tea Party Designer Series Paper. I then added my sentiment and the baker's twine. I love how everything turned out. This gift card holder was so easy to create that I will be making additional ones to have on hand for later.
Paper: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Whisper White, Tea Party Designer Series Paper
Ink: Calypso Coral
Stamp: Just For You
Accessories: Pop N' Cuts Card Base Die, Oval Framelit Dies, Big Shot, Pop-Up Posies Kit, Designer Printed Brads
Gift Card Holder Tutorial
1. Cut one card from the Pop N' Cuts Card Base Die.
2. Score the Card Base at 1", 3 3/4", and 8 1/4"
3. Use a bone folder to fold all of the score lines. Your gift card holder will look like this.
4. Use sticky strip to adhere the sides. If you want to decorate the bottom, now is the time to do it before adding Stampin' Dimensionals under the small flap. The Stampin' Dimensionals will allow you to open and close the holder with ease. Additionally, the two tabs at the top of the card will fit into the cut slots made with the die. Your holder will now look like this.
5. Finally decorate the rest of your gift card holder and insert your gift card.