Thursday, March 28, 2013
Try It Thursday - Stampin' Up Spring Sampler Easter Basket Treats
Good Morning Everyone! My Try It Thursday share are these adorable Easter Basket Treats made with the Stampin' Up Spring Sampler stamp set. Thank you Diane Dimich for directions! Not only were they easy to assemble, but also you can customize the baskets for different occasions. I used the Stampin' Up Square Lattice Embossing Folder to imitate a faux weave and then I embellished with Melon Mambo Ribbon. The hardest part was deciding what kinds of treats to put inside!
Paper: Early Espresso, Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo
Stamp: Spring Sampler
Accessories: Stampin' Up Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot, 1" Circle Punch, Melon Mambo Ribbon, Melon Mambo Brads, Candy
Easter Basket Tutorial:
1. You will need one sheet of Early Espresso card stock.
2. Use a paper trimmer to cut 4 pieces of card stock at 5 1/2" x 3/4", 1 piece at 5 1/2" x 1/2", and one piece at 7 1/4" x 1/2".
3. Add Sticky Strip to the 7 1/4" x 1/2" piece.
4. Take each of the 5 1/2" x 3/4" pieces and attach them to the 7 1/4" x 1/2" piece.
5. Start with the 1st strip and fold it over to attach it to the other side of the 7 1/4" x 1/2" piece.
6. Attach the second strip to the other side of the 7 1/4" x 1/2" piece.
7. Continue with the remaining strips, then attach the ends. You will now have your basket bottom.
8. Use brads to attach the 5 1/2" x 1/2" strip to make the handle. Punch a 1 3/4 Circle and attach it to the bottom of the basket. This will keep it stable.
9. Embellish and fill with candy.