Thursday, October 25, 2012
Try It Thursday - Stampin' Up Bootiful Occasions Witch Broom Treats and Tutorial
Good Evening Everyone! My Try It Thursday share are these adorable witch brooms made with the Stampin' Up Bootiful Occasions stamp set and Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper. They make great treats for Halloween and are simple to create. I used Black Licorice enclosed in Stampin' Up 1/8" Cellophane Bags to make the designer series paper pop. I then added my scallop oval punch label which says "Grab your broom, cast your spell, and shake your Booty!". A picture tutorial is listed below so you can try these for yourself. Happy Halloween!
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper
Ink: Basic Black
Stamp: Bootiful Occasions
Accessories: Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Hemp Twine, Black Licorice, 1/8" Cellophane Bags
Witch Broom Tutorial:
1. Cut a piece of designer series paper at 2 1/2" x 12".
2. Score the designer series paper at 1 1/2" and use scissors to fringe cut the bottom and top of the paper to the score line.
3. Take Sticky Strip adhesive and place it along the 1 1/2" score line.
4. Wrap the designer series paper around the cellophane enclosed Black Licorice.
5. Add the sentiment by using Hemp Twine to attach it to the broom.