Good Morning Everyone! My Try It Thursday share is a Mother's Day Card created with the Stampin' Up! Beautiful Bunch stamp set. I've been wanting to try the Drapery Fold technique and finally got the chance. Thank you Dawn Olchefske for the modified instructions! I used the Stampin' Up! Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper Stack on the background. I then scored and folded it with the help of the Stampin' Trimmer. Next, I stamped my flower in Rose Red ink and punched it using the Stampin' Up! Fun Flower Punch. Accordingly, one additional flower, in Garden Green ink, was added to make leaves. After embellishing with Blushing Bride Ribbon and a single Iced Rhinestone, I finished off my card with a sentiment from the Stampin' Up! Lovely Little Wreath April 2016 Paper Pumpkin Kit. I hope my mom loves this card as much as I do! Don't forget that the Beautiful Bunch stamp set, Fun Flower Punch, and Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper are all Retiring. Get them before they are gone!
Garden Green Card Base: 4 1/4" x 11"
Whisper White Card Layer: 5 1/4" x 4"
Garden Green Card Layer: 4" x 1/2"
Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper Stack Layer: 6" x 2 1/2"
Paper: Garden Green, Whisper White, Love Blossoms Designer Series Paper Stack
Ink: Blushing Bride, Garden Green, Rose Red
Stamp: Beautiful Bunch, Lovely Little Wreath
Accessories: Stampin' Trimmer, Fun Flower Punch, 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Blushing Bride Ribbon, Iced Rhinestone
Mini Drapery Fold Tutorial
1. You will need the Stampin' Trimmer, a Bone Folder, Snail Adhesive, 1 piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 5 1/4" x 4", and 1 piece of Designer Series Paper cut at 6" x 2 1/2" (I am using Rose Red card stock so you can see the score lines.)
2. Score the 6" x 2 1/2" piece of Designer Series Paper at 3 1/4", 3 3/4", 4 3/4, and 5 1/8".
3. Turn and put a Tick Mark at 7/8".
4. Use the Stampin' Trimmer to cut a diagonal from the 7/8" Tick Mark to the 3 1/4" score line.
5. Fold the Designer Series Paper on the score lines and crease with the Bone Folder.
6. Use Snail Adhesive and attach the folded designer paper to the Whisper White card layer. Cut off any overhang.
7. Decorate the rest of your card!!!
Click on Print Recipe to Download and Print this Free Tutorial.