Good Morning Everyone! My Try It Thursday share is a Just For You card created with the Stampin' Up! Watercolor Wings stamp set. Not only does it coordinate with the Stampin' Up! Butterfly Thinlits Dies, but also, with the new Stampin' Up! Bold Butterfly Framelits dies as well. This set features 3 Step Stamping, which was recently highlighted with the Stampin' Up! Lotus Blossom stamp set; from this year's Sale A Bration. Look below for the tutorial, to see how easy it is to achieve. I chose 3 different color combinations for this card, I then die cut each of the butterflies using the Big Shot Machine. Next I used new Stampin' Up! Banner Triple Punch to create my fish tail layers. Notice the added details with the stamped antennas and the new Stampin' Up! Metal Rimmed Pearls. Finally, I finished my card my adding the Just For You sentiment. I love how all of the elements came together!
Soft Sky Card Base: 6" x 6" (Fold to create a 3" x 6" Skinny Card)
Whisper White Card Layer: 5 3/4" x 2 3/4"
Soft Sky Banner Layer: 5 1/4" x 1 3/4"
Whisper White Card Layer: 5" x 1 1/2"
Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White
Ink: Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango
Stamp: Watercolor Wings
Accessories: Butterfly Thinlits Dies, Big Shot, Banner Triple Punch, Metal Rimmed Pearls
Watercolor Wings 3 Step Stamping Tutorial
1. You will need 2 ink pads (I am using Crushed Curry and Tangerine Tango.), the solid and detail stamps from the Stampin' Up! Watercolor Wings stamp set, and a piece of Whisper White card stock.
2. Start with the lighter color, Crushed Curry, and stamp the solid Butterfly image.
3. Take the first detailed Butterfly image (it outlines the wings), and stamp it in the darker color, Tangerine Tango.
4. Next, take the second detailed Butterfly image (it fills in the middle), and also stamp it in the darker color, Tangerine Tango.
5. Finally, stamp the body in either Tangerine Tango or Crushed Curry ink. I chose Tangerine Tango.
6. Create as many color combinations as you can!