Good Morning Everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. We finally got back into the 70's here, but rain is expected for the rest of this week. Oh well, at least it's not cold! My Make It Monday share is a Heart Shaker card created with the Stampin' Up! Heart Framelit Dies and Decorative Dots Embossing Folder. Thank you Dawn Olchefske for instructions! I used Real Red and Coastal Cabana for my color combination and Red Glimmer Paper to highlight some of my hearts. Although I am using this card for Valentine's Day, it can also be given any time of the year. Scroll to the bottom of my post to see the picture tutorial for creating the Heart Shaker. Don't forget that the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder is FREE with a $50.00 or more order!
Real Red Card Base: 4 1/4" x 8 1/2"
Coastal Cabana Card Layer: 4" x 4"
Whisper White Card Layer: 3 3/4" x 3 3/4"
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Real Red, Whisper White
Accessories: Heart Framelit Dies, Expressions Thinlits Dies, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Small Heart Punch, Shaker Frames, Window Sheets
***The Expressions Thinlit Dies were available in the Holiday Catalog 2013. I hope to see them again in the Annual Catalog later this year.
Heart Shaker Tutorial
1. You will need: the Heart Framelit Dies, Big Shot, Shaker Frames, Small Heart Punch, 2 pieces Real Red card stock cut at 4" x 4" and one piece of Window Sheet cut at 4" x 4".
2. Use the #4 Framelit from the bottom to cut a heart from the Real Red card stock and Window Sheet using the Big Shot Machine.
3. Next take the #3 Framelit from the bottom and put it inside the #4 Framelit. Also cut with the Big Shot Machine.
4. This is what you should have. Save the heart cut out for another project.
5. Use adhesive to attach the Window Sheet Heart to the Real Red Heart.
6. Now take the Shaker Frames and attach it around the edges.
7. Use the small heart punch to add hearts to the middle and remove the adhesive backing.
8. Finally, attach the first Real Red Heart which will seal everything in place.
9. You now have your Heart Shaker!