Monday, October 21, 2013
Make It Monday - Stampin' Up Toil & Trouble Flap Fold Card and Tutorial
Good Morning Everyone! My Make It Monday share is a Flap Fold Card created with the Stampin' Up Toil & Trouble stamp set. Thank you Dawn Griffith for directions! I used the Stampin' Up Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper for my background and embellished with the Stampin' Up Chevron Punch and Candy Dots. I then finished off my card by adding Halloween sentiments. What I love most about the Flap Fold Card is that you can adapt it for other occasions as well! Keep reading to see the picture tutorial below.
Paper: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper
Ink: Black StazOn
Stamp: Halloween Bash, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Toil & Trouble
Accessories: Circle Framelits, Big Shot, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Chevron Punch, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Candy Dots, Mini Glue Dots
Flap Fold Card Tutorial
1. You will need a sheet of 12 x 12 Basic Black card stock, one sheet of Whisper White card stock, and one sheet of Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper.
2. Use the Stampin' Trimmer to cut the Basic Black card stock at 4 1/4" x 10 3/4".
3. Score the Basic Black card stock at 2 1/4, and 6 1/2.
4. Fold on the score lines and this will give you your card base.
5. Use the Stampin' Trimmer and cut the Whisper White card stock into 2 4 x 4 pieces. Use adhesive to attach both pieces on the inside of the card.
6. Take the 2 1/2 circle punch and center it on the card's top flap and punch.
7. This is what you should have now. Do not throw out the punched circle.
8. Use the Stampin' Trimmer and cut a 4 x 4 piece of Witches' Brew Designer Series Paper. Use adhesive to attach the paper to the front of the card.
9. Remove the Whisper White card stock from the circle you punched out. Now take the 4th Circle Framelit from the middle of the Framelits and use the Big Shot to punch a smaller circle.
10. Use the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch to punch a scallop circle from Pumpkin Pie card stock. Use adhesive to attach the Basic Black circle to the Scallop Circle.
11. Now use adhesive to attach the Pumpkin Pie Scallop Circle to the top of the card.
12. Embellish your card as desired. I used a Mini Glue Dot and one of the Chevrons to hold the card shut.