Thursday, August 29, 2013
Try It Thursday - Stampin' Up Oh Goodie! Teacher Treat Or Gift Card Holder And Tutorial
Good Morning Everyone! My Try It Thursday share is this Teacher Treat or Gift Card Holder created with the Stampin' Up Oh Goodie! stamp set. It matches the Teacher Thank You Cards I shared on Monday. Thank you Dawn Olchefske for directions! I used the Stampin' Up From Your Teacher stamp set for the apple image. Although this set is retired, it is still available as a My Digital Studio Download. I added the Chevron Pattern again from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack and finished it off with the Enjoy sentiment from the Stampin' Up Oh Goodie! stamp set. The gift card can easily be replaced with a small candy bar. What a great gift for any teacher! Look at the picture tutorial below which will show you how to assemble it.
Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White, Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Real Red
Stamp: From Your Teacher, Oh Goodie!
Accessories: Banner from the Circle Thinlit Dies, Big Shot, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Candy Dot Brad Bases, Candy Dots
Teacher Treat Or Gift Card Holder Tutorial
1. You will need one sheet of card stock, a piece of Designer Series Paper, the Stampin' Up Word Window Punch, Candy Dots, Candy Dot Brad Bases.
2. Cut your card stock at 3" x 11".
4. Score at 3 1/4", and 7 1/2".
5. Cut the piece of Designer Series Paper at 3 1/4" x 2 3/4".
6. Use Snail Adhesive to adhere the Designer Series Paper to the end panel of the card stock.
7. Flip the card stock over and use the Stampin' Up Word Window Punch to make a slot on the other end panel. Push the card stock all the way in to the punch and then punch. Move the punch over to make slot bigger.
8. Add a piece of Sticky Strip under the slot.
9. Put your gift card or candy treat all the way in so it is snug. Then peel off the Sticky Strip and fold over the panel to adhere. You will now be able to insert or remove your gift card or treat easily.
10. Fold the Designer Series Paper Panel over and now you have your holder.
11. Cut a 1" x 12" strip of card stock and score at 5 1/2". This will make the belly band for your holder.
12. Wrap the belly band around the holder, then use a hole puncher to attach the Candy Dot Brad Base.
13. Add a Candy Dot to the Candy Dot Brad Base and decorate.