Good Morning Everyone! I am still trying to get adjusted to the time change. Ultimately, I love this time of the year, however, the first few weeks are always rough, especially for my students. My Make It Monday share is a quick and simple St. Patrick's Day Card using the Stampin' Up Got Treats stamp set. I had not used this set in quite awhile, so it was time to give it some love:) For this project, I incorporated a technique called the Double Triangle Fold I learned from Linda Heller. Having different kinds of Fun Folds makes your cards more interesting. I used the Stampin' Up Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper to build my triangles and Stampin' Up Stitched Ribbon and Pearls to embellish my stamped image. Easy Peasy! Look below to see the Double Triangle Fold step by step tutorial.
Old Olive Card Stock Base: 4 1/4" x 5"
Whisper White Card Layer: 4" x 4 3/4"
Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper Layers: 3" x 4"
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Whisper White, Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper
Ink: Old Olive
Stamp: Got Treats, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Accessories: 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 2" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon, Whisper White Stitched Ribbon, Halve Back Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals
Double Triangle Fold Tutorial
1. You will need 2 pieces of Designer Series Paper cut at 3" x 4", a bone folder, and adhesive.
2. Fold both corners up to the middle of the designer paper. Make sure they are even and crease with a bone folder.
3. Now fold the triangle up to the top of the designer paper. Again crease with a bone folder.
4. You will now have 2 designer series paper triangles.
5. Use adhesive to glue each designer series paper triangle to the end of the Whisper White card layer.
6. Now use adhesive to attach the card layer to the Old Olive card base.
7. Embellish your card.