(Inside of the Card)
Good Evening Everyone! My Try It Thursday share is a Valentine's Day Single Easel Card made with the Stampin' Up You Are Loved stamp set and Heart Framelit Dies. Melissa Stout created a Double Easel Card and I simplified it to suit my needs. Although it may look complicated to assemble, I promise you can make one on your own using the easy step by step tutorial below. The hardest part for you will be deciding on how to decorate it! For my Easel Card, I incorporated the New Bitty Butterfly Punch. It coordinates perfectly with the Elegant Butterfly Punch found in the Stampin' Up Annual Catalog 2012-2103. I also added one of the beautiful heart doilies from the More Amore Designer Series Paper. I just can't get enough of them:) To finish off my Easel Card, I embossed the largest Whisper White heart with the Stampin' Up Fancy Fan Folder and embellished the card itself with ribbons, halve back pearls and the New Designer Builder Brads. I think it is the perfect Valentine's Day Card Wow!
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, More Amore Designer Series Paper
Ink: Real Red
Stamp: You Are Loved
Accessories: Heart Framelit Dies, Fancy Fan Textured Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Designer Builder Brads, Halve Back Pearls
Single Heart Easel Card Tutorial
1. You will need the largest Scalloped Heart from the Stampin' Up Heart Framelit Dies, the Big Shot, Real Red Card Stock, the Stampin' Up Trimmer and one Designer Builder Brad. ( You can also substitute the brad for a button.)
2. Use the Stampin' Up Trimmer to cut the Real Red Card Stock at 6" x 11" and then score it at 5 1/2". This will be your card base.
3. Lay the Scalloped Heart Framelit right above the card fold and use sticky notes to hold it in place.
4. Place the card in between two clear cutting pads and lay them on Tab 2 of the Multipurpose platform. Run this sandwich through the Big Shot Machine.
5. You should have a scalloped heart card like this.
6. Take the Scalloped Heart Framelit Die and cut one additional heart. Lay it to the side for later.
7. Next, take the bottom of the scalloped heart card and fold it up to the top. Use a bone folder to give it a good crease.
8. Unfold the bottom of the card and then crease it again in the opposite direction.
9. Add adhesive to the area under the crease.
10. Then attach the extra scalloped heart. You now have your Easel Card.
11. Use the Designer Builder Brad to hold the Easel Card in place.
12. Finally, Decorate!