Monday, November 19, 2012
Make It Monday - Stampin' Up Wonderfall Twisted Thanksgiving Card and Tutorial
Good Evening Everyone! Today I am showcasing the last of my Thanksgiving Cards for this year! This particular one uses a card folding technique called "A Twisted Greeting Card". Thank you to Kelly Gettelfinger for sharing the instructions! I used the Stampin' Up Wonderfall stamp set to complete mine and I left the inner pocket open on the inside, so I could add a gift card for the recipient. I love how the Stampin' Up Newsprint Designer Series Paper blends with my Fall color palette to give my card a natural feel. It falls in line with my clean and simple lines approach. However, you could glam it up anyway you like. Another feature of this technique is that you can get two cards from one sheet of card stock. Woo Hoo! Just like the Triple Time Stamping Technique, this card is so easy to create.You will get addicted and cannot stop! I am putting a picture tutorial below this post, so you can make one for yourself; but don't say you were not warned! Happy Thanksgiving!
Paper: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Newsprint Designer Series Paper
Ink: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, More Mustard
Stamp: Grateful Greetings, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Wonderfall
Accessories: Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Petal Cone Die, Big Shot, Stampin' Trimmer, Early Espresso Button, Hemp Twine
This card will fit in a Stampin' Up Medium Envelope 5 3/4' x 4 3/8".
Twisted Greeting Card Tutorial:
1. You will need one sheet of card stock and the Stampin' Up Trimmer.
2. Use the Stampin' Up Trimmer to cut the card stock 4 1/4" x 11.
3. Score the card stock from corner to corner using the scoring blade on the Stampin' Up Trimmer.
4. Your card stock should look like this.
5. Fold the card on the score lines.
6. Now use the scoring blade on the Stampin' Up Trimmer to score the card stock in the middle.
7. Your card stock should look like this.
8. Fold the card stock over and crease with a bone folder to make your card.
9. Now decorate your Twisted Greeting Card.