Happy Friday Everyone! As promised, here is my Friday Freebie Tutorial on how to make the Designer Series Paper Coasters I highlighted on Thursday. These make a wonderful gift and like the bookmarks from last week, can become quite addicting! Please send me a picture or a link when you create yours!
You will need: a sheet of Designer Series Paper and tiles from the local home improvement store
You will also need: a foam brush, Decoupage Adhesive, Felt Pads and Stampin' Up Crystal Effects
1. Cut your Designer Series Paper into 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" squares.
2. Use Decoupage Adhesive and the Foam Brush to completely cover each of the tiles.
3. Add the Designer Series Paper to the top of each tile and press down. (Tip: I used a bone folder to completely press each of the edges to make sure they would not come up.)
4. Add a nickel size drop of Crystal Effects to the top of each tile and completely cover with the foam brush.
(Tip: To give the tiles a little bit of texture, I brushed the Crystal Effects in two different directions.)
5. You now have a completed coaster. Just set it aside so it can dry completely.
6. After the coasters are dry, add Felt Pads to the bottom of each.
7. You now a set of beautiful coasters.
8. Add ribbon and a tag to package as a gift.