Hi Everyone! The Stampin' Up Tuesday Tool is the Crimper. I'm sure each of us have probably used the Crimper at one time or another to alter an element for a card or other papercraft project. However, have you ever thought of other uses for this tool?
Give one of these "out of the box ideas" a try:
- Use the crimper on the four sides of the cardstock to create a frame for the stamped images.
- Crimp part of the Bigz Top Note die cut as one of the layers.
- Use the crimper to make realistic looking leaves - fold the cardstock in half along the vein of the leaf and then crimp at an angle. When you open the leaf, there will be symetic crimps that meet in the middle.
- Make faux suede by using it several times in all directions to peel the cardstock apart.
- Crimp the die cut leaves #2 before sponging them. Crimping gives the leaves a 3-D look.
- Use the crimper on long rectangle strips to make french fries. Add the "fries" to a french fry box for an embellishment on a scrapbook page or card.
- Crimp the ends of containers such as sour cream and pixie stick holders to help seal the ends.