Hi Everyone! Today's tool is the Heat Tool also known as a heat gun. Use the heat tool with embossing powders, Heat & Stick Powder, and to heat-set pigment ink. However, there are many other uses for it as well.
Use the Heat Tool to:
- Curl organdy ribbon. You can shrink the ribbon and make it curly by heating it for a few seconds.
- Soften adhesive and take apart items that are put together wrong. Be careful with items that have snail and sticky strip as too much heat warps the cardstock.
- Reheat hot glue that has already dried before an item is the way you want it.
What surface do you use to heat your projects?
- Ceramic Tiles as a base.
- Heat Tool Holders which allow you to work hands free.
- Granite Kitchen Counters which are heat resistant.
Cover a clipboard with aluminium foil and clamp your project down with the clip. The aluminum foil reflects the heat allowing the powder to melt more quickly.